For Replenishment teams and for those responsible for In-store Merchandising efforts, Seek's Phantom Inventory insight is a powerful way to track, understand and correct inventory accuracy across your retailer network.
- Topline callouts for System on Hand Quantity (the count of on-hand inventory reported by the in-store system) and the Estimated on Hand Quantity (the estimate of on-hand inventory based on phantom recorded inventory). Easily calculate the impact of phantom inventory vs system reporting.
- Topline callouts for Phantom Inventory (the count of on-hand inventory that is over-reported units and not actually at the store location) and Inventory Accuracy (the comparison of reported inventory vs estimated inventory expressed as a percentage). Both topline visuals allow you to quickly identify system inaccuracies.
- Aggregated Bar Chart visualizing System Quantity and Estimated Quantity comparisons by product. In the example above, we can see that Patterson Sweet Snacks has the largest overall quantity, but Frozen Waldo Meals has a 7M quantity gap between the system-reported and estimated quantity.
- Trend your System-reported quantity and Estimated Quantity by Week to see which time periods you see the largest gaps in quantity. In the example above we can see the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas have the largest discrepancy between reported and estimated quantities.
- Category Bar chart showing the Phantom Inventory at the product level. We can see here that Frozen Waldo Meals and Patterson Sweet Snacks are showing the highest amount of Phantom Inventory with 626K and 606K units, respectively.
- Trend Bar Chart showing Phantom Inventory by Week. This visualization allows you to isolate the time periods you are seeing the most phantom inventory and use this information to improve inventory management. In the example above, we can see the highest phantom inventory occurred around the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Category Barcharts visualizing the total amount of Phantom Inventory by State and Store Number. In addition to knowing the product level phantom inventory, this analysis allows you to drill into specific stores and states to see where you need to remove phantom inventory in the system or where you need to improve inventory management processes.
- Geographic map showing phantom inventory by store locations. The above chart shows the total phantom inventory at each store indicated by bubble size and color. Hover over each bubble to see the exact amount of inventory. You can also click on individual stores to see the item-level phantom inventory.
- Table showing the Phantom Inventory count by day at each store. In the example above, we are able to see that Store #2189 had a significantly high phantom inventory amount on Feb 13th, 2023.