Designed For Category leaders, Replenishment and Assortment teams, Seek's Shelf Capacity insight provides visibility into store-level inventory and shelf space utilization.
The ultimate goal of Seek's Shelf Capacity insight is to optimize store shelves for increased sales by maximizing the amount of inventory that can be displayed while maintaining a balanced assortment of products.
Developed by industry experts, this insight surfaces product recommendations based on market supply and demand, enabling you to stock the right products in the right quantities.
- Optimize your shelf space and drive sales: For any single item, know what stores are optimizing available shelf space and where you can maximize shelf stock based on typical inventory levels.
- Assortment recommendations: Based on store inventory and customer demand, leverage insight recommendations to drive a more strategic assortment
Key Metrics: View by Brand, Item, Store and DC…
- Stores: Number of stores your item is currently in
- Average Store On Hand Quantity: Avg of available quantity across stores
- Shelf Capacity: Avg shelf space available (in units)
- Percent of Used Shelf Space: Percentage of shelf space stocked (out of 100%)
- Percent of Unused Shelf Space: Percent of shelf space “open” (out of 100%)
- Supply & Capacity Type: Item/Store level attribution based on shelf capacity information (low, medium, high)
- Missed Dollars (from out of stock instances): Missed dollars from being out of stock
Actions You Can Take:
- Reducing shelf level out-of-stocks: The shelf capacity insight can help businesses to reduce out-of-stocks by ensuring that the right amount of inventory is displayed on store shelves. This can help to minimize lost sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- Optimize facings: The shelf capacity insight can help businesses to optimize facings or planograms to ensure that products are displayed in the most efficient and effective way possible, maximizing the amount of inventory that can be displayed while ensuring that the right products are in the right place.
- Reduce restocking costs: By maximizing the amount of inventory that can be displayed on store shelves, businesses can reduce the need for frequent restocking. This can help to minimize restocking costs and improve supply chain efficiency.